Thursday, August 11, 2005

Maybe he'll go to work for the postal service...

I was surfing around reading various news stories when I happened upon a story about the two kids who killed four girls and a teacher in 1998 outside their school.

The thirteen year old involved was being released from juvenile incarceration because he had been convicted as a minor could only be held until he turned twenty-one. I guess that's just the way the world works, I suppose, but then I got to this paragraph:

"It has also drawn a sharp reaction from gun control campaigners, who criticised the fact that because Johnson was convicted as a minor his criminal record will be wiped clean and he will be allowed to buy a gun."
(http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1547686,00.html)

That's just irony at it's finest. I wonder if this was one of those noble efforts gun control opponents talk about when they go out to take down deer with their MP-5s.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is this ironic? Maybe I don't see the comparison between killing a deer...which is socially acceptable, regardless of the weapon used...and allowing a convicted murderer to purchase a weapon (regardless of if he does it or not). Frankly I side with the gun control campaigners, fuck that kid he shouldn't be allowed near any weapon let alone a fire-arm.

~brian

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home