Saturday, August 13, 2005

Well, it's official

It's official folks.

I will again be taking up the reigns of political and social issues columnist for The Daily Beacon. My columns will be appearing every Tuesday beginning August 30th.You can read my past works on The Beacon's website or on my own at <http//web.utk.edu/~jfish>

Thanks to Daily Beacon Editor-in-Chief John Carruthers and congratulations to the other columnists selected this fall:

-Will Hamilton
-Crystal Humphrey
-Daniel Ferguson
-Nate Arthur
-Scott Hendrix
-Patrick Christiana
-Lisa Schol
-Kristin Luna
-Megan Williams
-Jeff Cohran
-Sarah Pevey
-Steven Brooks
-Weslie Jarvis

Over half these guys are relatively new to Page 4, and aside from Nate, Kristin, Megan, and Jeff, I've not seen any of their work before. Graduation left some pretty big holes to fill, including my perennial opponent and friend John Brown. However, according to our editor the competition for Columnist slots was much more fierce than it has been in past years, so the work of the newcomers must be of a superior quality, as evidenced by some previous columnists not selected to return this season. I expect that we'll be a great team and together bring the University of Tennessee an informative and interesting Opinion Page for the fall.

Congratulations and good luck everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger John Norris Brown said...

Thanks for the kind words, Jon. I had a blast writing for the Beacon, and I hope you have also (and will continue to do so)!

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home