Monday, November 07, 2005

Electroshock not covered by my HMO

John Carruthers is a funny, funny man.

We Love Our Columnists

No matter how often we disagree with them, we love our staff columnists. Be they insanely conservative or outrageously liberal, we respect all viewpoints because we are the world and all that crap.

Given the broad array of issues they discuss, we expect and receive a good amount of letters to the editor. Some of them are marriage proposals, and some call for the medieval torture of certain columnists.

We love the letters as well (we’re full of love and liquor today), because we enjoy feedback, and it gets us out of writing editorials.

But please, if you don’t like them, keep it somewhat respectable. For example:
Good: “While he may have some facts behind him, it’s important to look at the big picture.”
Bad: “He sucks; his mother is a mule and he should be beaten daily with a short length of pipe. GO VOLS!!!!1”


So keep the letters coming. But keep in mind that we’re not going to give Jon Fish electroshock therapy, throw Chris Hedgepeth in a well or smack Patrick Christiana in the back of the head “’til he gets him some damn sense.” OK, maybe the last one.

I was in the office today and happened to catch John there. He informed me that the Beacon would not pay for my electroshock treatments. Sigh...

I dunno about marriage proposals, but I have gotten the occasional offer for anonymous sex between classes. I usually respectfully decline, mainly because there's no way to know for sure if that's a woman on the other side or not.

Ah well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon Fish said...

You should come down. If I have time I go down there to write my columns between classes, though, of course, most of the time I end up doing way more talking than writing lol. I'll introduce ya to everybody; well everyone I know. There's like a hundred people on staff lol.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home