Friday, November 11, 2005

Pat Robertson Condemns town To Hell

He's a nutbag, I'm here to tell ya.

Robertson warns PA town of disaster

Because they "voted God out of your city," Pat Robertson believes that the town of Dover, PA is headed straight to hell.

The Dover School Board had been considering allowing Intelligent Design to be taught beside evolution in schools. Earlier this week, every single member that supported ID was defeated in their reelection bids. According to Pat Robertson, this isn't democracy at work, but rather the damnation of an entire town.

"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: If there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God. You just rejected him from your city...God is tolerant and loving, but we can't keep sticking our finger in his eye forever...If they have future problems in Dover, I recommend they call on Charles Darwin. Maybe he can help them."

Funny, I'm pretty sure God can't be voted out of anywere. Furthermore, I'm prety sure the voters are merely making a statement about good science versus bad philosophy taught as science.

Also, I could have sworn that I read somewhere that God wasn't vengeful...and that he had unending patience. I can't remember where I read that. Some book these four dude's wrote, oh what's their names...Matt, Mark, Luke, and John I think. Sigh...the book title escapes me, but its a pretty good read. Maybe Pat Robertson should pick it up sometime.

4 Comments:

Blogger John Norris Brown said...

I think maybe Robertson is trying to overtake Jerry Falwell for the title of "Most Whacked Out Religious Leader in America." If so, he's now running neck and neck.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Jon Fish said...

wuuxwnbOh yeah I'm well aware of this guy. He came to Knoxville recently to stage a protest at a funeral of a soldier who was killed in Iraq. He said that Americans are dying over there because we tolerate homosexuality. He was also interviewed by Morgan Spurlock (The guy who did "Super Size Me) on his show "30 Days."

11:53 PM  
Blogger Jon Fish said...

What a bastard.

9:44 PM  
Blogger John Norris Brown said...

Yep, I forgot about the "Reverend" Fred Phelps. He's clearly the most insane religious leader in America, if he can even be considered religious...

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home