Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I Made National News

Cheney Heckled by Anti-War Protesters - Associated Press / CNN

Well okay, it wasn't just me and it's not like I was mentioned by name or anything, but I was there damn it! We had some great chants going and there were probably close to a hundred of us there. Those that got inside with the banner have my utmost respect, cuase that took guts.

UPDATE: More Press

Protesters Rally, Inside and Out - Knoxville News Sentinel

Vice-President Dick Cheney speaks in Knoxville - WBIR Channel 10

VIDEO
WATE Video Links - Click the second video
Video of Cheney's remarks. You can hear the protesters start to chant at around 3:30. I wasn't with them inside, but they made the news.

2 Comments:

Blogger egalia said...

Great work, Jon! CNN made a big deal of it; they showed Cheney while the students were yelling. WaPO, Boston Globe, lots of MSM outlets carried the story, they seemed startled that Cheney would get this kind of reception in TN.

Thanks to you and everyone for putting the Cheney monster in his place.

I posted some pictures:
http://guerillawomentn.blogspot.com/2005/11/knoxville-protesters-cheney-is.html

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I got there early enough to get inside, I was next to the motorcade and was stopped by a policewoman.

http://davidgarrett.org/blog/?p=96

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home